Red Rose -->

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Roots

 
ROOTS
     

I am like a tree -
my feet spread out to travel and embrace the gifts
and hardships
the world has in store for me.

I travel in suspension -
my growth is slow but my spirit is large.
I reach toward the sun in exultation -
my cries and whispers heard only in the wind.

I am vulnerable -
but do not appear so.
My fortress of presence provides protection for those that would rather
use others
for shade and shelter.

I dance in honor of my being -
I sway from side to side in the rhythm
of my own song.

I absorb all the sorrows,
joys, dreams, anger and triumphs
of those around me.
Twisting and turning to find my own way
towards enlightenment.

I am like a tree -
my growth is invisible
until my death
exposes my maturity and worth.

Ashley Page Bates
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Red Rose